6 Rainy Day Date Ideas
For some of us, it's rainy season. A time for dreary, wet weather. It doesn't have to be a downer. It's a time of renewal and rebirth. You can bring this into your relationships, too. You can still be romantic and enjoy each other, having fun while it rains. With these few, simple ideas hopefully you will be inspired to try something new.
1. Visit a museum. There are so many wonderful things to experience in a museum. It's a great opportunity for communication and focused attention. Intimacy begins with communicating, so this is a fantastic way to reconnect or get to know your love interest better.
2. Enjoy conversation at a local coffee shop. If you're anything like me, you enjoy the rain. The smell of rain on the warm streets, birds chirping and gathering worms. Perhaps a walk to the coffee shop. Holding hands, sharing an umbrella is such a romantic gesture. Plus, you get to enjoy a warm drink or chai tea at the coffee shop.
3. Play a board game or video game together. Rainy days have always been good for playing board games. Friendly banter and a little competition can help bring you together. Not to mention, the perfect opportunity to flirt with your lover. If you enjoy video games, spending time together will bring you closer.
4. Visit a local art gallery. Take a class, visit a ceramic shop or take a "sip and paint class" (often offered at the library). Relaxing and creating will give you both the time to unwind. The bonus is the beautiful artwork you can hang on the wall or set on a shelf to remind you of the lovely time you shared together.
5. Cook a meal together. Take a cooking class or make a nice meal at home. Chopping up the ingredients, putting the meal together, cooking it on the stove is an intimate time. Being close in the kitchen, testing the ingredients is a fun way to spend time with each other. Make sure there's music so you can take your lover for a spin around the kitchen. You'll be sure to win a few points.
6. Try an indoor archery range or target practice. This may not be your cup of tea. It may be something new for you to try. You may also enjoy laser tag or ax throwing. Break out rooms are also pretty popular.
A small list of fresh ideas to give you the chance to spend time together and to work together as a team. Rainy days don't mean there can't be romantic fun. Bonding with your lover or getting to know a new lover better, this time of year is for growth. You can incorporate rebirth into your life and relationships.
- Jennifer Grice